Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Recent purchase–Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow

Wow thats a long-assed title! I seriously need to work on this!

I hope your weeks are going well, I’ve just realised uni finishes in the next few months and I’m moving up north in April/May time, decidedly crapping my pants now!

As you know I am trying to avoid products that have been tested on animals. I’m kind of finding this a struggle as there is so much conflicting literature on the subject and brands that are recommended in some places are slated elsewhere. Until the EU legislation comes in I think it’s going to be a real struggle to know for sure so I’ve decided to try my best and avoid the biggies (L’Oreal, P&G). Contradictory I know but it’s so unclear!

Revlon is one brand that has appeared in some websites lists as not testing on animals though this is not stated on their packaging. I already like what I use of theirs and had heard a lot of props for these Super Lustrous lipglosses. The colour range is so much limited in the UK in comparison to the US which is rubbish! I swatched most of them and it was only really between three shades out of around ten. I’m a sucker for gloss so I was expecting to come home with at least 5 of these! Instead I narrowed it down to just the one.

RevlonPinkAfterglowThis is Pink Afterglow. As you know I am a sucker for glitter or shimmer and this has it in spades! It looks pretty intense in the tube but isn’t anywhere near as mental on the lips! The packaging feels pretty solid and quality and I think looks quite nice for the price, I’ve seen waaaay tackier packaging in more expensive drugstore brands. As a side note, I hate saying drugstore. They aren’t drugstores here! Chemist. or Pharmacy? Just not drugstore.

This has a doe-foot applicator which is soft and you only need say two swipes for good coverage, even one if your rolling it low maintenance.

RevlonPinkAfterglow1

RevlonPinkAfterglow3

The actual colour of the gloss is the top swatch but in the bottom one you can see the glitter/shimmer better.

RevlonPinkAfterglow4

RevlonPinkAfterglow5

You can see it isn’t too crazy on, it doesn’t need to be a night time only gloss. It adds a nice sheen and wears pretty well on me, I can feel it for a good two hours or so and it isn’t really sticky. My hair gets stuck in whatever is on my lips, surely that is the nature of gloss, but these are nowhere near the MAC level of stickiness or so. Not by a long shot.

I really like this gloss and when my Gran goes to San Francisco in 2 months time no doubt I’ll have at least one more of these on my list. I also want to pick up a few of the Colourburst lipglosses, why aren’t they over here yet! Some of the colours look stunning!

I got this from Boots for £6.99. If you haven’t already I urge you to have a look, there are some pretty unique looking colours that I may not be able to resist next time!

Have you tried these? What did you think? Do you have any other lipgloss recommendations? I am a actual lip product fiend at the moment! I went on a absolute biinge over the weekend! Poor purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)