Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

Brand New? Save The Nail

Hi guys just a quick one today!! I have noticed my reader count slowly creeping up, thank you so much! If you have any pointers please let me know, I’m still finding my feet….

I was having a really quick gander in Boots today on my way through the Mall and for some reason, despite going in to buy shampoo and conditioner, ended up in front of the nail products. My Seche has had it and although I love the quick drying I hate the shrinkage so I was hoping to spy something else. I saw this range which I haven’t noticed before called Save The Nail. I don’t recall reading anything about them on any blogs but then again I have a lot of catching up to do, is it something I missed? There was a few base and top coats, I didn’t really pay that much attention because a procession of people were intent on separating me from them. I noticed a wet look top coat but I picked up this one, the 45 Second Top Coat.

45Second

45Seconds1

45Seconds2

It was £6.95 (I think!) for 15ml of product which sounds good to me. You can see on the bottom left corner of the first picture that this is ‘by Nails Inc’ and I have used and liked their top coat (Albert Bridge?? Chucked now!) but one thing that annoyed me about it was that the brush didn’t reach anywhere near the bottom of the bottle so once it was around halfway through it was a fight to get enough on the brush. Though you can’t really see in this picture the brush reaches almost to the bottom of this bottle which is a relief! I have just used it on my new mani and it is touch dry really fast. It was dark days for me before my first quick dry top coat, I am a total fidget and smudge everything so this is a necessity to me, I’m really hoping it’s a goodie! I’ll be sure to update soon.

My nails above are No7’s Spice from their spring collection. That was not even 24 hours old and I had chipping on almost all my nails despite doing sweet FA! I have been using my mini OPI RapiDry since the death of Seche and I am NOT impressed, rapid drying my arse!!!

Have you spotted this brand? Or heard anything about it? Or purchased? Let me know!

14 comments:

  1. Funny, I picked up a quick drying top coat (but from Sally Hansen) today! 45 second sounds amazing though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't use any other kind of top coat, every time I try it reminds me how long it takes! Oh let me know how it goes, I'm always on the hunt for the perfect top coat! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used it and it is fab. My nail always chip within 24 hours and I use decent products, nails inc, revlon, OPI etc. This is amazing. I used the ridge filler base coat - two coats, then Houston we have a Purple by OPI - two coats and then the top coat. My nails were proper dry within half and hour - touch dry instantly and three days later they still look glossy and are not chipped at all. *****

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these products but the bottles are all the same and do not identify the contents - so everything has to be kept in the brown bags - but maybe I am just getting old and losing the plot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these products - they have certainly improved my nails. The bottles do not label the contents so have to keep them in the brown bags. I guess this is cheaper for Nails Inc but is a bit irritating. Otherwise - a really good range.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I was losing the plot - the labels are on the base of the bottles! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jennifer I've only just noticed that! It's still not idea if your in a hurry though. I'm still unsure about the rest of the range, is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the wet look top coat and its amazing and dried so quick, also smoothed out the look of the nail, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just bought the Toughen Up Base Coat - just applied, it dried really quickly, which impressed me. I'll have to see in a few weeks what it has actually done for my pathetic nails. Excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I have that one, on my clumsy hands it's no OPI Nail Envy but still pretty amazing and a third of the price! I quite like this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought some of their Toughen Up base coat today as my nails get to a certain length and just break off. I'd never heard of Save The Nail before so it's promising to hear the products work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)