Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Empty! Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover

Hola! Yet another one you are bound to have seen or heard of before ladies, this Botanics eye makeup remover has been blogged about to kingdom come. So I thought I’d do something a teensy weensy bit different.

I finished this up yesterday having used it pretty much daily since early January. For the bargain price of £3.05 this is pretty amazing and it was only when I thought about when I started using this that I realised it was that long.

EyeRemoverWarsBotanicsRemover

So for your £3.05 you get 150ml of dual phase eye makeup remover.

They say ‘This cleanser effortlessly removes eye make up – even waterproof mascara – while also comforting and soothing the eye area.’

So firstly I should say that I don’t wear waterproof mascara and won’t unless I’m on holiday. All the ones I have tried make my lashes feel like straw but sticky at the same time – not good. However this removed my makeup pretty well. I tip the bottle up against a cotton pad maybe 5-6 times for each eye, hold it against my eye for around 15 seconds, then I can wiggle the pad a bit, fold it in half and take the mascara off from underneath my eye et voila! I found with some products this made a bit of a grey smudge around my face but this was only my proper long wear products like Bobbi Brown’s gel eyeliner. Nothing that can’t be solved with another dab and swipe of remover.

So to show how it holds up to other removers I’m going to do a little comparison over the next few weeks. The next few removers I have are minis so I’ll go through them in no time.

EyeRemoverWarsBotanicsBeforeSwiping

The stripes are L-R Collection 2000’s Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Teal, Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero and Bobbi Brown’s Gel Eyeliner in Granite Ink. All are one swipe.

EyeRemoverWarsBotanics1Swipe

This is after one swipe of the Botanics remover on a cotton pad, amount as above.

EyeRemoverWarsBotanics2Swipes

You can see after 2 swipes, and I mean swipes, the UD and BB liners are all but gone! My skin looks shiny but this is just the residue from this remover.

EyeRemoverWarsBotanics3SwipesEyeRemoverWarsBotanics4Swipes

These are basically the same, the Collection 2000 liner stayed on for like another 2 days! No getting rid of that one! However it removed the other two supposed long lasting liners with ease and I have had to scrub before to remove these liners so it gets a thumbs up in terms of removal power.

The only thing that may be a potential bugbear to some is the oily residue. This is just what happens when using an oil-based remover but at first I found this much oilier than the Lacura remover I had. However as I continued to use this I found it bothered me less and did leave my eye area feeling moisturised. As for soothed, I don’t know. I don’t have sensitive skin so there isn’t much to soothe but in so far as you don’t have to scrub to remove your mascara I suppose this is soothing….?

As I said I have a few more removers to use up, if nothing else manages to catch my eye this may well earn itself a repurchase, after all for £3.05 this is a bit of a bargain! Available from Boots.

Anyways stay tuned for the rest of the series…..

Do you have any recommendations for eye makeup removers? I have a few to get through but I’m always on the lookout for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)