Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

NOTD–China Glaze Ruby Deer

Bounjour my pretties how are you doing? I hope your weeks are going ok! I am loving the hint of sunshine that has been occurring, summer is getting closer! I need to get on the diet wagon, I’d like to lose a stone and a half by August when I’m off on my holidays!

This manicure is a classic example of what happens if you paint your nails in low lighting.

ChinaGlazeRubyDeerChinaGlazeRubyDeer1

This is two coats, it was very very glossy so I didn’t use a top coat. So. I painted my nails one evening in my living room which has crap light. This polish appeared opaque at one coat but I used two for luck. Bah, should have had a closer look as it was patchy as hell, especially in daylight!

ChinaGlazeRubyDeer3ChinaGlazeRubyDeer2

It’s a bit messy, this was the morning after. I couldn’t photograph the patchiness properly but it looked pretty awful, I couldn’t wait to get it off!

This was from the Christmas 2010 collection I think, I got it in a set at Sally’s along with a stuffed reindeer that is the bunny’s new bud and a darker burgundy red shimmer that I can’t remember the name of and looks shimmery brown on my nails. Vom!

In all, I don’t love this polish. Maybe with two thicker coats it would be fully opaque? I don’t know. What I do know is I rarely wear red as it makes me feel like a hooker so I doubt I will wear this again, maybe for a night out or something but it’s a bit crazy for me for everyday. Give me a bright blue or green any day! There’s just something about red that makes me run for the hills!

Do you have any recommendations for a red that would look classy and not like I’m trying to solicit myself? I have no idea about whether colours are warm/cool toned the majority of the time, I barely know if I’m warm or cool toned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)