Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Polished Pout?

Hola!

I have a mission to blog about as much of my stash as possible. This is for two reasons, firstly I need to stop buying stuff!! Hopefully blogging about everything will be a kick up the ass reminding me how much I have and how I need to stop purchasing! Secondly, I have bits that people may want to see swatches of etc, even if most of my makeup is just high street stuff.

So with this in mind I am going to show you my small collection of Sleek’s Pout Polishes…

SleekPoutPolishLidsOn

SleekPoutPolishesLidsOff

Meet Raspberry Souffle, Pink Cadillac and Scandal. Raspberry Souffle and Scandal were/are both limited edition, Raspberry Souffle sometime last summer I think and Scandal is part of the Stiletto collection currently out. As you can see I haven’t even used Pink Cadillac and Scandal despite owning the former for a few months and the latter for a few weeks. I just forget about things!

These are described as a ‘tinted lip conditioning balm’ and contain SPF15, a nice added bonus. I’m trying to make sure that I wear SPF at all times all over my face so I like this.

SleekSwatches

As you can see these are quite sheer, nowhere near as frightening as they appear in the pan. I am crap at describing colours and the Sleek website doesn’t have any so click the swatches bigger to look for yourselves.

SleekPoutPolishRaspberrySouffleThis is the first one I purchased and have worn a few times before it fell out of favour for more wearable shades that I can wear whatever the weather, like MAC’s Angel or Creme Cup. Though this is a beautiful purpley-pink and not the purple madness it looks in the pan, I still don’t feel 100% wearing this with full eye makeup too, this is more of a subdued eyes so rev up the lips kinda thing. This was LE last year but I am sure there will still be some hanging around, the other LE yellow shade that accompanied this is still in stock at some Superdrugs I’ve been in lately.

SleekPoutPolishPinkCadillacI can’t believe I hadn’t cracked this one out! I think the brightness scared me but you can see in reality it’s just a light pop of pink. Much more wearable than I anticipated, I see myself reaching for this a lot more now. This is part of the permanent collection.

SleekPoutPolishScandalAgain this is likely to be reached for more often now, I didn’t build it up much as it did keep going patchy on my lips though that could be due to the lip balm I applied a few minutes beforehand. I am terrified of red lips and haven’t ever dared to try it myself. This is the closest I’ve come and I’m going to see how I feel wearing this a few times and build myself up to a potential red lippie. This is LE but still in stores currently.

These swatches were taken with a mixture of flash or no flash, I just chose the pictures that best represented the product on me, I didn’t want a pic heavy post for something a lot of people have already seen! These are also applied fairly sheerly, I am sure you could build up for more coverage but I kept it to how I would actually wear these outside the house.

I really like these, they are affordable, accessible to most and easy to wear. I know some people don’t like products in tins, personally this doesn’t bother me but the product did get under my nail a bit and I did use a lip brush to even the colour out, particularly with Scandal which went patchy in areas. This is a bit of a faff and not really great if your in a rush or want to use without a mirror. However if you are unsure about trying these I say give it a go, they are a lot more wearable than you may think! I like the look of Electro Peach and Powder Pink, next on my list!

These are priced at £4.29 on the Sleek website though I know some prices on there do differ from those in Superdrug where these are also available. Sleek don’t test on animals as far as I can gather in this rather wordy explanation, something else I am trying to avoid.

So what do you think? Have you tried any of these or anything similar?

2 comments:

  1. They look pretty, especially Raspberry Souffle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes just looking at my post now it looks so much more pigmented! I really wish I knew what makeup looked good with it, I'm going to have to root through my blusher collection to find a compatibility!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)