Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

What’s in my makeup bag?

Evening all! How is everything? I hope your week is going well. I’ve had to hand in an assignment this week, now I’ve got to get cracking on dissertation, EEK!!! Totally unprepared as per usual, need to sort my life out when I start working! Anyways onto the makeup bizzles…

I’ve seen this kind of post doing the rounds and thought I’d join in. The makeup shown is what I used while on placement where I put my makeup on in the car once I’d parked up (I’m not mental!) as it was such a horrendously long commute and I had to get there early to get a space. Nowadays while I’m either at uni or work I carry the bare minimum…concealer, powder, tweezers, nail scissors, lipstick and gloss.

MakeUpBag

This is my makeup bag, it was free with a Lancome GWP at least 4 or 5 years ago! Still it is big enough for all my crap and in pretty good condition. I don’t really care what a makeup bag looks like as long as it stops my stuff from opening or breaking! It’s a bit big but on placement I was carrying a massive bag with my folders and stuff in anyway so I didn’t mind.

MakeUpBagContents

Clockwise from Left: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NW15, MAC Select Moisturecover NW20, Body Shop Tea Tree Blotting Tissues, Topshop Polish in Smoothie, Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob, Max Factor Masterpiece Max mascara in Black, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in 02 Rose Ivory, MAC Lipstick in Angel, Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar, Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation in Blondie, Chapstick Apple SPF15, Barry M Lip Paint in 147 Peachy Pink, Tweezerman tweezers, nail scissors and Tweezerman eyelash curlers, Wet ‘N’ Wild Eyeshadow Mono in Fine Wine, Models Own Powder Blusher in Warm Glow, No7 Beautiful Brows pencil with the colour rubbed off, Benefit Eye Bright and Armani Lip Shimmer in 1.

Phew! So my necessities were the concealers, foundation, eyelash curlers, eyeshadow, brow pencil and blush. That was enough to make me feel confident enough to face the day and if I had time in the mornings I’d add some lipstick and colour in my eyebrows a bit.

MakeUpBagSwatchesNoFlash No FlashMakeUpBagSwatchesFlashFlash

The pictures are a bit wonky, I moved the top so the swatches would be directly on top of each other for a comparison. As I was working in a hospital the colours had to be very safe, I didn’t notice many people working wore makeup at all, if they did it was just the basics like mascara. I sometimes did feel a little overdone going with eyeshadow, foundation and all but I get red eyelids and redness on my face, especially when I’m tired, so I wouldn’t of felt comfortable without it on. I’d have been worrying about my splotchy nose rather than the patients!

How much do you carry around with you? How much makeup do you wear to work? And have you ever tried any of these products?

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)