Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

Lashes part I: Prestige My Blackest Lashes

I have been somewhat of a mascara hoarder of late, constantly on my quest for voluminous lashes! After picking up the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Fibre Mascara Primer I showed you here, I figured I could show some of my lash stash and the impact the primer has. I’ve never used a lash primer before so I am curious to see the effect with different mascaras myself.

MyBlackestLashes

MascaraComparison

There you can see the brush size compared with some of my other volumising mascaras. As you can see it is nowhere near as big as the Big Fake and My Biggest Lashes brushes which some people prefer and I find it easier to apply to my lower lashes.

MyBlackestLashesOn

BlackestLashes&Primer

Mascara alone Mascara and primer

BareLashes

Bare lashes for reference

The packaging claims that this is an ‘intense black volume mascara’. I agree with this, this mascara does give volume and you can definitely see the impact the primer has! This is my everyday mascara at the moment after I finished my tube of Max Factor Masterpiece Max and so far I am loving it, it holds a curl, provides volume and length and doesn’t flake even on a 13 hour day! I don’t really have much to comment on the wear of the mascara and primer combined but I will use the combo this week and update in a few days.

First thoughts, definite repurchase if something doesn’t catch my eye by the time this runs out!

Have you tried any Prestige mascaras? Or eyelash primers? What do you think? Any recommendations?

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Just found your blog - wicked header image! I can't believe the difference that primer has made to the same mascara. I'll check that out next time I'm in Boots x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)