Pages

Saturday 29 January 2011

Lashes part II: L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes

Following on from my previous Lashes post here I decided to go through my entire mascara bag (yes, dedicated) and show the mascara with and without the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Mascara Primer. I’m still not completely sold on this, it does make some of my mascaras that flake stay on longer without that issue and you could see from it with the Blackest Lashes mascara that it made a difference but it hasn’t had that effect with all my mascaras…..

VolumeMillionLashesPrimerMillionLashesPrimerComparison

BareLashes

For reference, this is me with bare lashes.

MillionLashesNoPrimerMillionLashesWithPrimer

Left without primer, Right with primer.

Argh, I still need to get the hang of taking pictures!!!! Hopefully the boyf will give me some lessons when I go see him next weekend Smile

L’Oreal say that this ‘millionizes’ lashes and has an excess wiper that removes clumps. I don’t think that this provides either. I got this when it came out, in fact around a week before it’s launch when I spotted it on the bottom shelf of a Superdrug in York. Even when I got it I thought it was OK. Nothing special, I have tried better mascaras for a lower price (Prestige) and this stuff HONKS! It has a not-pleasant smell, not enough to bother me but then I am not particularly sensitive to smells. Nonetheless, it could do without being there. Another thing, after around 2-3 weeks of wearing this it began to flake like there was no tomorrow! And I have dark circles so concealer is a must-have for me, this did no favours.

I sound like I am bashing this mascara and I suppose I am, I guess that I was expecting more from this, it promises a lot and delivers on nothing fully. It isn’t awful, it’s just average. The plastic brush is pretty cool though and a nice size, not too big if you struggle with the likes of DiorShow and Bad Gal.

As you can see the primer made little difference, my lashes are blacker and ‘thicker’ though I don’t look like I have any more actual eyelashes if you get me? Hopefully it’ll make this mascara a little less flaketastic, something I am testing today…

Have you tried this mascara? What did you think? Any recommendations for a good volumising mascara? I could try different ones till the cows come home!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still curious about this one, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really didn't hit my volumising mascara spot! Clumping after a while, say 6 weeks, maybe but after not even 3 weeks? Jokes! Definitely won't be missing anything :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)