Pages

Monday 27 June 2011

NOTD/Rookie Attempt At Nail Art…

Argh after three weeks of not being able to paint my nails it feels AWESOME to be able to do it again. I find it so relaxing, whenever I’m feeling shafty I crack out a bottle and get painting. God, I sound like an addict. Dah well, better than crack I suppose.

In my last post I showed I FINALLY managed to get my paws on a Models Own nail art pen, after wondering on twitter the other week where they had got to. I swear when they came out last year the plan was that they would eventually have one in every colour? Anyway, after never noticing it before the black one was at Boots and after dithering about what to do on my nails to mark this momentous occasion I ended up with a bit of a mish mash.

NailArtNOTD3

NailArtNOTD7NailArtNOTD4

NailArtNOTD6NailArtNOTD5NailArtNOTD

For this I used old faithful Barry M’s Berry Ice Cream and relatively new purchase Milani 3D Holographic in Hi-Res. Due to lack of sunshine the holo wasn’t that easy to photograph but you can get the gist….

NailArtNOTD1

NailArtNOTD2

I am still trying to get the hang of the nail art pen which is why some of the lines and leopard print look a little wonky and I also managed to smudge some of the leopard print but you live and learn! I have the patience of a saint at times but when it comes to knobhead drivers and nail polish drying it goes out of the window!

What do you think? Have you used any nail art pens? If so which ones? I am loving the easiness of these and really hope Models Own haven’t shelved the colour options!

Do you have any ideas for other nail art? I want to try more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)