Pages

Sunday 3 October 2010

I shouldn't be allowed out..... (be warned it's a long un!)


This is what happens when I have a stressful couple of weeks. I know it could be worse but for me, especially I am supposed to be reining in my spending, that is a LOT of stuff......
From the back left -
L'Oreal techni.art Color Show Finish Spray - £2.25 from Sally's.
I have recently had my hair highlighted (meh, I know autumn usually means darker but I don't look nearly as pale and ill with lighter hair) and when my hair is lighter it loses a bit of its shine so hopefully this will remedy that and give my hair a bit of hold too.... I haven't really used this yet, I'll see how it holds up at work throughout the week.
Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Dumb Blonde Reconstructor For After Highlights, Damaged or Chemically Treated Hair - £4.99 each from TJ Hughes
TJ Hughes is one of those places that can have some goodies, it just requires hunting. That is something I cannot always be arsed to do so I avoid the place unless I'm in the mood. Luckily today I struck gold! These were recommended to me by my friend a few months ago and I either didn't have the money or forgot to get these and now I actually am blonde (kindofnotreally) I figured why not. As above, I haven't used these yet as I'm still working my way through my Louise Galvin shampoo and conditioner but I will review when I do.
Neutrogena Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF 15 - I think £7.50 or so from Boots
I'm almost out of my Nivea Oil-Free Moisturising Fluid so I've been on the hunt for a replacement for a while and although I'm only 23 and don't really worry about wrinkles just yet, I am pale as hell and would feel a lot more comfortable wearing a daily SPF. Most of my foundations contain a SPF to some degree but by the end of the day they have generally slid off so I would like something else for some extra protection. It says it's for normal to combination skin so hopefully it won't break me out!
Sanex Deodorant - Can't remember how much but it was buy one get one free in Tesco I think.
I LOVE Sanex deodorant. I know it's gross but I can be quite sweaty (I'm sure I'm not the only one) and this is literally the only deodorant that has stood out to me in that at the end of a day running around on my feet in a boiling hot department, I still have dry pits! I do get the 48hr protection one just to be on the safe side....
Charles Worthington Results Shine All Over Gloss Spray - Around £3 on offer from Sainsbury's
Again this is just for a bit of shine after using dry shampoo and the like. I have used a Charles Worthington shine spray before and liked it, although it wasn't this exact one, and as it was on offer thought I'd give it a bash.
Phil Smith Xrated Shine Serum - £3.99 from Sainsbury's
I've run out of my beloved Tara Smith Foundation Serum and I can't find it anywhere! So onto pastures new and I thought I'd try this, it was cheap as chips so I won't be peed off if it isn't great.
Girls Aloud by Eyelure False Lashes Kimberley - £4.95 from Boots
I've never really worn false eyelashes before, a few aborted attempts and never again. One of my friends always manages to pull them off and that inspired me to try again and I have definitely had better results this time around! I've worn these twice and they are still usable but I will probably get some more after next time. These are quite natural, I didn't want to go all out Cheryl when I'm pretty much a lash virgin. They don't make me look like a tranny and the glue seems to be pretty good. I did take some dodgy phone pictures I'll post separately.
Max Factor Facefinity Compact Foundation in 01 Porcelain - £10.99 from Boots - currently on 3 for 2
My mum was using this as a foundation and I sneakily borrowed/stole some to set my ColorStay/PhotoReady combo before a long day out. Blow me sideways (ha!) my foundation stayed in place all day, no sliding off my nose or chin, nothing! I've never had anything hold my foundation in place like this before so I thought I should probably purchase my own.
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15 - £12.50 but Debenhams were having an event so I got 10% off
I'd bought Select Moisturecover the week before as the MUA told me the colour (NW20) was peachy enough to cover my dark circles. He was right, but when I wore it with some of my foundations the difference in colours showed, so I went back to get NW15 to mix with it but there was no Moisturecover left so I thought I'd give this a go. Only 3 days in but so far so good!
Urban Decay Naked Palette - £27 then Debenhams 10% discount
Need I say more? I can't believe it took me this long. Nerves of steel...for a while....
Urban Decay Lipsticks in Indecent and Jailbait - £3.99 each from TJ Hughes
Another TJ Hughes bargain! The display was all new and neat and I destroyed it hunting for some non-tranny looking shades! I had contemplated paying full price for these badboys before so I'm glad I held out. So far I've noticed a hideous smell but I'm hoping I can get past that...
Ciate Nail Polish - free from this months Marie Claire magazine
Swatches to follow....
MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Signature Blue - £14.50 from Debenhams
Awesome so far, I have only worn it twice though. Dodgy phone pictures and swatches to follow
MAC Select Moisturecover in NW20 - £12.50 from Debenhams
I decided enough was enough with my caking Bobbi Brown concealer. This is much better but as above, the colour wasn't quite right.
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup - £12.50 from Debenhams
I've been after this for ages, since I bought Angel and it was always been sold out. On my Select Moisturecover/Superslick venture it was FINALLY there so I snapped it up and I am not regretting it!
Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion - Mini from Naked Palette
LOVE!
MAC Blushcreme in Ladyblush - £16.50 then 10% discount from Debenhams
This is what happens when I'm kept waiting. The MUA went to find a Moisturecover in NW15, when I was waiting this caught my eye.....
Wet n Wild Mono Eyeshadow in Fine Wine - £1 from Poundland
I rarely find goodies in these kind of stores but I heart Wet n Wild eyeshadows and since Tesco have stopped doing the Mono's I stocked up, buying the remaining two in this shade...
China Glaze Nail Polish in Kiwi-Cool-Ada - £1 from Sallys
I don't know. I like green.

So, that is loooong winded but I will follow with some reviews, swatches etc in the week once I've had more of a chance to play! Have you used any of these or anything similar? Do you have any suggestions? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I have TIGI shampoos and I really like them.

    My TK Maxx never has anything decent makeup-wise in there :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment! And follower!
    I did give it a go this morning and it lathers SO well! Which ones have you used?
    The one by me is pretty big, it is rare that you hit a goldmine though, the majority of the stuff is the mankiest shades and all opened :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)