Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Empties!!

Happy hump day! Today is a bit of a lazy post I’m afraid, him indoors and I have just arrived back home from visiting his family in Yorkshire so have had a gruelling drive! Modern Family catch up in my dressing gown with a face mask I think…
I’ve used up a few products lately and thought I’d do a quick post so I can chuck the empty bottles and they aren’t cluttering up our tiny flat!
Empties
I picked this up when I was in France last summer – it wasn’t cheap at around €10 for this 250ml bottle. I could of got it cheaper elsewhere but I stupidly grabbed it the first place I saw it.
I did really like this. You hardly need to use any so it lasted a while – negating the price for me. I used it to remove eye-makeup before taking the rest of my makeup off with Superdrug’s Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser. So far so good…
Except I read The Sunday Girl’s post that says this is tested on animals. For this reason I’m thinking of picking up Une’s Micellar Water as featured in Product Pixie’s post.
empties2       empties3
Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser – I got this back in January when we first moved into the flat and were skint! My Liz Earle ran out and I had read plenty about this. At the time it was on a crazy offer of 2 for £5.99 and this is the end of my first one.
I really like this, it removes all my makeup, is fine on my eyes and leaves my skin soft. My only concern is it says it is for normal to dry skin and come the summer my skin will be anything but dry! If it does cause any problems I will most likely switch back to Liz Earle but for the moment this is a perfect alternative.
I don’t need to repurchase just yet – I have another one in the bathroom cupboard!
empties5
Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Hand and Body Wash – I think this came with the last Feel Unique box. I usually scrimp a bit on shower gel – as long as it smells nice and doesn’t completely kill my skin I’m happy. While this smells nice and all the 300ml full size retails at £18.40 on Time To Spa. At that price it won’t be a repurchase!
empties7
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – This is another sample from the last Feel Unique box. I had wanted to try this for ages and was really excited to have a sample as the full size is £26.25 – I would never be able to afford that at the moment.
You use this before shampooing on wet hair, covering with a shower cap. I managed to get about 6 uses out of this and wore it for variable amounts – between 10 and 45 minutes. I hate to say it but I didn’t really feel a difference. I really hoped this would be amazing but alas :(
empties8
Pantene 2min Colour Damage Rescue Treatment Masque – Another product from a company that tests on animals dammit! The boy picked me this up in Asda once when I asked him to get me a cheap hair mask. I think this was around £2 at the time and it only retails for a few £ at full price.
It lasted a good while and the lid of the tub pops up which is quite quirky. It did make my hair feel soft and silky – I used it on the ends of my hair when I was in the shower.
It was good for the price but it’s tested on animals so I won’t be repurchasing.

Bit of a mixed bag really! There are a few other things running low and I am hopefully working my way through some makeup products too…

Have you used any of these products? Or do you have any recommendations?!

2 comments:

  1. I've not used any of these. Shame about the Philip Kingsley product, I thought it was supposed to be amazing! Always such a shame when you use something and it just makes absolutely no difference. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was really looking forward to using it! The hunt for a new hair mask is on xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)