Pages

Saturday 21 April 2012

Blusher Switch-up–A JadeyLou Initiative

Howdy doody ladies and gents? How are your Saturdays? I am still in my pyjamas at 5pm which in my book means a success. Of sorts.

I keep banging on, amongst other things, about using up the makeup I have, especially now I no longer live at home and have adult shiz like bills and car clutches to deal with meaning less geld for makeup.

One thing I have started doing alongside my Weekly Wear post (which has changed a little thanks to me finishing a few things yay!) is using a different blusher and lip product every day in a bid to prevent me reaching for the same 2 things.

Beginning with this weeks offerings…

Blusher

Blusher1

Ein – NYX Cream Blush in Glow. I admit, I use this fairly regularly. I love cream blushers and with a light hand this is a really pretty colour.

Blusher2

Zwei – Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten in Apricot Berry. I wasn’t really keen on this before and didn’t even bring it with me when I moved Dahn Sarf but I forgot to pack a blusher to take to Ireland (for shame!) so grabbed this when I was at my parents. I actually liked it but it’s not a fave.

Blusher3

Drei – MAC Cremeblend in So Sweet, So Easy. A MAC lady used this on me last summer and I loved it, went to purchase and they had sold out. A few months later I purchased it myself off their website but I can’t seem to get it to show up on me like she did. This is one I need to work with a little more.

Blusher4

Vier – Models Own Powder Blusher in Warm Glow. This used to be an old fave but hadn’t been reached for in a while. It’s really pretty and does add a ‘warm glow’, funnily enough.

Blusher5

Fünf – Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Rude. This comes up a little bright on me but again with a light hand is really pretty. If I do go overboard I just go over it lightly with the brush I used for my foundation and as I wear realllly boring makeup to work anyway I love something a little bright.

Blusher6

Blusher7

Swatches are in opposite order (sorry!) Illamasqua, Models Own, MAC, Laura Geller, NYX

Sorry the swatch shots aren’t the best quality…that’s what happens when you interrupt your boyfriend playing Uncharted 3 to help….

Hope your all having a lovely weekend so far, more productive than mine! I’m off to a work friend’s 90’s party tonight but what with being skint and all I’m wearing my Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle pyjama bottoms and taking some glow sticks I got from the pound shop. Classy.

Hope you liked it, I’ll post the lip products I’ve worn too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)