Pages

Saturday 3 December 2011

Exit Interviews: Concealers

Happy weekend ladies! How are your Saturdays? I had an early night last night reading, an early morning swim this morning and now I can barely move my arms or legs! A trip to Matalan may be in order this afternoon as I have my eye on some beautiful shoes but I should really be spending my money on presents or not be spending it at all and saving for a deposit on the flat I am going to need to rent by the end of the month for my new job! Who can resist pretty shoes though? Surely it’s not just me!

Anyway, as part of my not spending any money drive I have been using products I have at home, even if I have used them and didn’t like them. By using them in different ways or combining them with other products I’ve managed to finish two products this last week.

Concealer is one of the mainstays of my routine. I cannot (ok I can but I don’t like it) go with out. I have tried just about everything to try and hide my dark circles from a number of brands and here are two I’ve finished….

ExitInterviewConcealer

This is Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Concealer in Porcelain with White powder and Clinique’s Airbrush Concealer in 04 Neutral Fair.

ExitInterviewConcealer1 ExitInterviewConcealer2

I don’t know if the packaging has changed on this as this is around a year old but it has two layers, a concealer on top and powder to set it on the bottom. I got this after receiving my student loan and deciding to finally sort out my complexion products once and for all. I marched to the Bobbi Brown counter at my local John Lewis and came away with the Skin Foundation, Corrector and Concealer. If you have hideously dark circles like me you are supposed to apply the corrector then concealer then set. I did this for aggges as it was ‘what I’m supposed to do’, ignoring the fact that it was cakey as hell on me and didn’t cover sh*t, so eventually I stopped bothering and moved on to something else.

This time, to make it work for me I applied my eye cream only a few minutes rather then leaving it to sink in fully. I then used this mixed on the back of my hand with a little of Collection 2000’s Lasting Perfection concealer, patted it on with a brush then blended with my fingers. The powder ran out ages ago so I set it with whatever loose powder I have in front of me. The shade of the Bobbi Brown concealer alone is a little off on me so mixing it gave it a more peachy tone to cover my circles better as well as blending more with my skin tone. I actually liked the combination and would have used it daily for a while if it hadn’t of run out. However for the price (£17 on the Bobbi Brown website) it really should be able to do the job on it’s own.

Conclusion: No repurchase

ExitInterviewConcealer5

This concealer is also from ages ago! It’s Clinique’s Airbrush Concealer as far as I can remember, though it is now showing in different coloured packaging on their website where it retails for £16.

Again when using this previously I had trouble with coverage both alone and over Bobbi Brown’s corrector. I have used just about every concealer in this bloody pen form on the market and NONE of them have been worth the excessive geld they retail for (YSL, Dior, looking at you!).

This time around I mixed it with GOSH’s Touch Up Concealer which is sadly discontinued. I’ll be gutted when it runs out. The colour of the Clinique concealer is a little dark for me especially now winter is setting in and I am returning to my ghost-like form. The GOSH concealer lightened it a little and again once it was powdered it lasted all day. As the coverage is light I used it over MAC’s Select Moisturecover in NW20 which covers the bluey purple of my circles though I didn’t bother doing this for work as the coverage was fine for my colleagues, they are used to my crazy face.

Conclusion: No repurchase. Despite both of these concealers costing a fair whack I still prefer my GOSH mixed with Collection 2000, the combined price of which was around £8!

I went to my local shopping centre last night and picked up a few things I need to play with before reporting back, expect a post in the week!

This is the book I’m reading…

Book

My sister is reading it for AS English but she doesn’t ‘do’ reading as a rule (why do English then?!?!?!?) and was meant to read it over the summer but got as far as page 15 or something so YOINK! Bedtime reading for moi!

Can you recommend any books? I love Agatha Christie and murder mystery kind of things. Not just in books either, I am probably the only person that watches Diagnosis Murder at least 3 times a week. When my Dad was home from work and sat on the sofa all day it used to drive me wild being separated from Dr Mark Sloan and Jessica Fletcher for a whole two months!

Also what do you think to the concealers, have you used them?? Do you have any recommendations? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)