Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Things I Can’t Live Without: Vier

Oh ladies. Another day another dollar I know but this week is wearing me out! Thank goodness I’m on normal day shifts or I would be dead on my feet! I hope your week is a little less taxing.

It’s times like these, where work is knackering me out, I’m trying to watch The Killing and my bra is injuring my armpit, that I wish to tell you about my all time top fave face cream.

I’m a bit of a cheeky monkey in that you can’t actually buy this in the UK as far as I know, it has been discontinued. When my previous jar ran out I did a few extensive internet searches that brought up a few potential sources but I got my second jar while in France on holiday last summer. It was easily obtainable there – I got it in Carrefour in Calais for around €27 – so if it tickles your fancy and your off abroad this year keep an eye out.

Enough preamble – meet Nuxe’s Creme Etincelante

Etincelante

For my €27 I received 50ml of product in a sturdy glass jar – I know jars aren’t everybody’s thing but this is a nice one and the lid is heavy plastic. Packaging wise this is a thumbs up from me.

I don’t have the box for this anymore so some details may be a bit sketchy but this product calls itself a ‘radiance resurfacing cream’ and it contains fruit acids that gently exfoliate your skin. I use this exclusively as a night cream as if you try and put anything over the top it ‘pills’ like jumpers do if you know what I mean…and because of the fruit acids I wear a moisturiser or something with SPF in it the following day.

The morning after using this my skin is brighter and more even in tone – great for me because I am prone to redness on my nose and cheeks. My skin is always soft but hydrated and feels smooth. It may sound like a bit of a full on rave but I love this cream! When I ran out of my last jar I was devastated and trawled the internet looking for a replacement that wouldn’t cost me one hundred billion dollars. I was so glad when this was among the other Nuxe goodies in Carrefour!

etinclante1

You can kind of see the texture here, it’s not the thickest night cream I have and it glides on easily – sinking in quickly but not so quick I can’t give my Chevy a quick massage at the same time.

The amount above would cover most of my face, I might use a tiny bit more. You don’t need a lot though – I’ve used this at least three times a week since the end of August and I have about a quarter of a jar left – hopefully enough to last me until my planned-but-not-yet-confirmed Eurotrip in September!

That’s all from me tonight ladies, I am going to take off this bra and give The Killing (the Danish first series, I love it!) my full attention. You know you are ready for maxing and relaxing when your bra-less and in your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pyjamas.

I just thought I’d share another of my loves and something I wish I could imbibe more of
etincelante2
Cold on a hot summers day = perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)